- Connecting with people both within and outside of your industry
- Messaging people you’re not connected to
- Keeping up with your industry and pick up tips and updates
- Building awareness and visibility for your company on LinkedIn
LinkedIn Group Rules
Always research what is and is not allowed in your LinkedIn Groups before starting a campaign. Even though Groups give you the ability to message other members, it’s best not to overuse this feature. Sending unsolicited messages could be seen as spam.
Like all community groups, there are rules and limitations that have to be followed. They vary from group to group. For example, many groups do not allow you to post anything that is considered personal branding for you or your company—like a link to your services.
Limits for LinkedIn Groups
There are also limits to how many groups you can be a part of. For example:
- You can only manage or own only 30 groups at a time.
- You can only be a member of 100 groups at a time.
- You can only have 10 pending groups at a time.