Blogging may not seem like a new concept, but you’d be surprised how many businesses still aren’t taking advantage. Blogging not only boosts search engine optimization, but it also improves customer relations and benefits social media channels. Here’s a list of our top 5 reasons your business should be blogging.
1. Show off your Smarts: Blogging is a good way to show your customers (or potential customers) that your company stays up-to-date on what’s new in the industry. Posting a weekly or even monthly blog may just give you the edge over your competition by proving that you make the effort to stay informed and continue to gain business knowledge and insight.
2. Promote Social Sharing: A blog can be used as fresh content to post on your social media sites. You can kill two birds with one stone by using blogs to update your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
3. Get Customer Feedback: Enable commenting on your blog for customers to leave comments and questions. Giving the opportunity for interaction and two-way communication shows customers that you’re open to their opinions and value their feedback.
4. Boost Search Engine Optimization: Instead of trying to rewrite your static site content over and over, blogging gives you an unlimited amount of space to optimize for specific keywords with freshly updated content, title tags, images, etc. Blogging on services offered or products sold will quickly build up a wealth of information that will vastly improve your rankings.
5. Give a Voice to your Brand: Blogging gives a faceless brand a human element, a personality. Blogging allows businesses a chance to speak their mind and lets employees connect to their customers to give insight and answer questions. A blog should be filled with pertinent and relevant information, written with the customer in mind.