Is Your Company Missing Out on Mobile Customers?

You’ve seen people on their phones in cafés, standing in line at the bank, and driving cars, but you may not realize how inexhaustible mobile use really is. Mobile users—or people who use mobile devices like tablets and smartphones—are taking over the consumer scene. 50% of mobile users “grab their smartphone immediately after waking up.” That stat means mobile use isn’t just a case of need or boredom; it’s a part of our routine.

As a result, mobile marketing strategies are essential to any company’s success. By understanding what people are doing on their mobile devices, your company can seize opportunities to expand your customer base.

Mobile-Friendly Sites Get All the Customers

Having a Mobile Responsive Site Is Now a Necessity

Nearly a year ago, Google officially announced they rank sites based on whether or not they are mobile responsive. This decision isn’t random. The last four years have shown a 394% increase in smartphone usage and 21% of people no longer use desktop computers to go online.

Since Google’s goal is to satisfy people making searches, they’re invested in promoting mobile sites for mobile users. Therefore, no matter how great your content is or how beautiful your desktop-driven design looks, your site will probably not rank as highly as a mobile-friendly competitor. With a lower site rank and fewer mobile users going to or staying on your site, you’re missing out on a flood of customers.

Invest in an Optimized Mobile Site

57% of users say “they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.” This fact means that your mobile responsive design needs to be optimized for both users and search engines so both can easily find what they’re looking for. Site optimization can be a long and involved process, so consider hiring an SEO agency if you don’t have the time.

Good Social Marketing Strategies Take Advantage of App Popularity

If you have a mobile device, I have one question for you: What do you spend most of the time on your device doing? If you’re like the majority of people, you use apps on a fairly regular basis: “Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites.”

Social Media Apps Are Powerful Marketing Tools

While some companies may develop original apps, a more cost-effective strategy is to take advantage of that 89% is to piggy-back on the success of other apps via social media strategies. For instance, 75% of American mobile users “spend time on the Facebook app.” Luckily, businesses can make their own Facebook pages and use them to push useful content to their customers. And Facebook is just the beginning.

Use Social Media Wisely

A well devised and implemented social media strategy can help you reach mobile customers and build brand loyalty by combining the most effective social media platforms and targeted messaging for your company. However, random, untargeted, and inconsistent posting can end up doing more harm than good.

Using social media correctly takes constant monitoring. If you need help choosing the right platforms and making the right posts, consider outsourcing to a qualified digital agency.

Email Marketing Is NOT Dead—It’s Thriving

Email may be the grandfather of online communication, but it’s still heavily used by mobile device owners. As of 2015, “mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years.” In addition, “79% of people surveyed use their smartphone for reading email—a higher percentage than those who used it for making calls.”

As a result, email marketing has reemerged as a strong pillar for online marketing strategies. Emails allow you to personally touch base with customers, provide them with useful content and special deals, and encourage them to convert again and again.

Create Engaging Emails

Compared to other methods, email is a straightforward marketing strategy. However, it’s essential that your emails don’t come across as spam, as this is the most common reason why people unsubscribe. Digital agencies can design email templates that reflect your brand, gather customer emails, provide email content, and monitor user behavior to create even more effective emails in the future.

Mobile Email Templates Are the Way to Go

Reviving your email marketing strategy means more than sending out a short, text-only note to your most loyal customers. Customized email templates are more user friendly and visually attractive, causing more customers to travel from your email to your site.

Expand Your Customer Base With a Mobile Marketing Strategy

Call jWeb Media Today at (636) 928-3162